Anyone ever work in a pawn shop?

I've been retired for a little while but want to do something. So I applied for a job at a pawn shop (one of the upscale ones in a good location) - anyhow, if anyone's ever worked in one, is it different, are there any pointers I'll need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have worked in a pawn shop it was awesome, I loved it one of my favorite jobs... ummm depending on the shop u do get commision on the stuff u pawn, and stuff u sell as well as if u put things in layawway for people ( tho for layaway u only get comission after they pay it off) but u get it at the end of the month... Like i said i loved it just depends on what kind of attitude u have entering the job and the people that work there too if it is the enviroment that u feel comfortable with best of luck
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Ive known a few people who have worked in them and 2 that owned them. Dont get played by the crack addicts that will try and pawn anything they steal. and if it's one of the shops you have to get buzzed into, LOOK before you buzz, as pawn shops are easy targets for bangers and addicts. ANY job is better than NO job. best of luck to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• as well as u do deal with some funny characters lol
    waterlily89