have you tried any of these? what do u think? if you haven'y, will you try them?

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/AOL News/the-savings-experiment-household-cleaners/41934704001

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• i meant to say if you haven't
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• And here I thought I was the ONLY freak on this planet that made my own eco friendly cleaning chemicals. For glass cleaner I use 4 drops of palm olive to a Windex sized bottle with a 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol then fill with water.  Ive found the palmolive works best. I also use old newspapers instead of pricey papertowels and I get no static or streaking, and. No vinegar smell, but I use vinegar and water to clean lots of things. It's one of nature's BEST cleaners.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I make my own cleaners, too, because it is cheaper & healthier for my family and the environment. Mostly I use white vinegar & tea tree oil to clean with because it does a really good job, disinfects, and is safe for most surfaces. The vinegar smell dissipates within an hour or so and then the house smells clean. I also use baking soda or borax when needed for really tough scrubbing (like bathroom tiles or the kitchen floor).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009