This is selfish but..._______am I being unreasonable

okay so my cousin and I both have babies

Okay well she wants to fly out to where I live with her infant, which I find to be a bit much for an infant, but anyway she wants the babies to "meet". Now Im like hey why dont you wait until your babies a bit older so her immunity is built up before you plan to come out here in the winter time...well she insists on my uncle buying the flight tickets anyway.

we never talked to her even when she lived down the street, why would she fly 4 states over so the babies can meet? I just have never agreed with her promiscuity sp? and her loud obnoxious personality...so I just never clicked with her.

also I dont want to make her jealous because of all of the stuff we have for our baby..because this will cause her to be loud and annoying. ughh

should I tell her I dont want to see her yet, my baby is only a couple months any way. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think I would make up some excuse.

You're right... the baby will be miserable on the flight with the pressure change and all... which will cause everyone ELSE on the plane to be miserable. It's not a good idea to be in a confined space like that with so many people in the middle of flu season --- for any healthy adult, let alone an infant.

It makes me a little suspicious as to WHY she's so dead-set on the trip, too, if you've never been close. Does she maybe need money? Or is she going to come up with some reason to just not go home & stay shacked up with you?

I don't know... just sounds fishy to me.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would say what you just asked. Why do you want to fly 4 states over to see my child when we never really spoke when you were here? Either she will get upset and not respond or she just won't come.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 10:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would tell her you came up with a cold and your trying hard enough for the baby not to get it you dont want her and her baby to catch it.. and u dont feel like company right now.. i hope u dont get sick, but maybe this will throw her off,... and tell her you would rather for the babies to be a bit older so they can actually play. if they are under 2 years whats the point?
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Maybe you should give her a chance-people change a lot when they have babies and maybe she wants to just get to know you again and she wants the little cousins to know each other even better and love each other even more than you guys did growing up. Maybe she regrets things done and/or said and she doesn't want it to be that way for the little ones.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• It seems a bit odd (or she has a hidden agenda) for her wanting to visit and you two were not that close to begin with, it would make more sense if you were close cousins or sisters. This is outside the infant fact, I would tell her it's not a good time or whatever you have to say to keep her home.
    Anonymous

• OP

exactly my point...I can set aside my differences with her, well with anyone around my child so there wouldnt be drama...but what are to infants going to do? drool, poop, and sleep? LOL They cant even interract really...plus her baby was just born, literally

I dont want to lie, I also dont want to offend her...It just doesnt make any sense to me
    Anonymous

• You could say that you don't think being exposed to all the people in the airport and plane would be good for her baby with the flu and swine flu around. This would not be a lie.

Perhaps you could suggest that she come out in the summer- both children will be older by then, and if she has a hidden agenda, when faced with the idea of coming out 10 months from now won't appeal.

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am a germaphob. From my perspective, I would wait. There are so many illnesses your cousin's bab ycould bring and your cousin from being on the flight. All she wants to do is compare the babies and see who is bigger and who is doing more things, even though they are only a couple of months old. She is wanting a total drama party to unfold in your home. I would ask her to wait a little while longer. Suggest maybe next summer so you guys can go to the park or somewhere that keeps her busy and out of your hair. Although I am sure she will do what she wants, it's worth a try. Good luck.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thanks for input ladies

I dont feel so mean now...I was thinking I was being too unreasonable, I'll talk to her again and pick her brain but I'll suggest that she come in a warmer season like summer.

oh...she wanted to come sooner because of her maternity leave. which not to be mean, should be spent bonding with baby...but hey not my child
    Anonymous