frustrating...

I am 36 weeks and waiting intensly for the big day. My oldest sister has declared herself prego with a very complicated, seperated, long distance marital status with a guy who cheated on her. She lies a lot. She says she's had 5 miscarraiges but no doctor's evidence to corraborate. Now, every time I talk with her she says something about her "pregnancy" and things just don't add up. i.e. she said she got prego 2 weeks into august and says she's 6 weeks prego now. math would add up to 8 weeks. i really just don't know how to handle this. She lives several states away so I never see her but meanwhile she's telling my ill grandparents that she's expecting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if she is lying, there must be some reason why. sounds like she has issues. my sister will say something and then argue that she never said it! she can be just so mean to my mom. she recently told my mom that her boyfriend, and baby's daddy, has been being mean and saying she needs to see a psychologist...but i think he's right. i worry about her and the things she does. if there is anyway you can support her or find out how you can help her... ? idk, i don't even know what to do about my sister...
    Anonymous

• Ignore her, and focus on YOUR BIG DAY! You are 36 weeks, your baby is viable, and you are going to have the sweetest baby on earth, meant just for you. Your ill grandparents will get to hold your baby and rock it. Ignore the drama, focus on the future. HEY a big CONGRATS!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I used to work with a girl that did this EXACT thing. It always happened when something exciting was happening to someone else.. like she had to find a way to be in the lime light. She went further with it than necessary, I won't go into details, because it's HORRIBLE. When I did work with her, I would just let her go with it.. if she needed attention that badly, i'm not going to be mean.. u know? If the rest of your family knows that she does this I would just either play along to spare her feelings, or ignore it. Concentrate on the little life you are about to bring into the world and how super EXCITING that is! Don't let anything get you that upset..especially now! Congrats to you, mommy to be! =)
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• no offense but i known drug users who are like this. some people just lie about everything. a supposed friend of mine who owed me money had the guts to tell me her father had died and when i talked with her mother later i said i was sorry to hear that her husband had passed. she was like what? i had no choice but to say where i heard it from. she was cool about and laughed. there were other stories too like she got arrested. so one day i used the same lie she used on me. i think she got the message then and i never heard from her again. i lucked out. if you have the nerve just say next time i'll believe it when i see it and if i don't i'm sure i will hear you had another miscarriage. then limit the amount of times you talk with her. she is obviously lying.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• if you're trying to "call her out on it" without being too harsh, then giver her the attantion she wants by asking all kinds of questions (of course this will only work if she's been to the doctor). for example, ask her about her due date & see if that adds up. if not, then ask why.
    riceswife

Answer by riceswife at 12:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009