Please help, I think I have a teething baby?????

You guys I am becomming so very very frsterated. My daughter is 5 months. She has slept through the night since 2 months. For the last week she is crying and waking up every night...I can feel two bumps on her top gums, I dont know if they are teeth or not? I am so tired and confused, I have tried the baby orogel and also teethers during the day. She is constanly drooling and chewing on EVERYTHING. I dont want her to become spoiled by me running in there when she is crying, but I want her to feel better to so I want to soothe her. What do I do??? I need input, remedies, advice, ANYTHING! I want a cigarette and I dont even smoke! AHH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a thing called teething tablets. They work pretty well. Tylenol if it is really bad. My daughter didnt do the teethers or wet washclothes so the best we did was the teething tablets. Good Luck and it is a rough time when babies teeth (at least my daughter) she has her two bottom teeth in and is now cutting her 3rd tooth (an eye tooth on top, she is going to look like a little vampire!)
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• giver her some tylenol and a booby and get in bed together-- also try icepops throughout the day to help sooth the gums
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I used the teething tablets with my last son. AWESOME. They worked well. Of course I still rubbed the oregel on his gums too besides that you can only just give them a bottle with warm water to help them stay asleep. Unless there is fever I wouldn't advise using tylenol.
    kittymccaffery

Answer by kittymccaffery at 10:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i use Tylenol,popsicle
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 10:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• i used tylenol and the teething tablets. we tried everything and nothing else worked!! it had been 3 days with him sleeping 45 min - 1 hr at a time at night (he was just like your daughter; slept all night since he was 6 weeks) 10 mins after i gave him the teething tabs/tylenol he was asleep in my husbands arms. and he slept for 12 hrs straight that night!!!! you can buy them anywhere, i got mine at CVS.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 11:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009