What do expecting Moms want for a shower gift?

I am invited to a shower and I don't really know the momtobe, but she is the DIL of an friend of a friend, ya nice. But anyway what should I get her or the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would make her a frozen dinner or dinners. if you make one then maybe buy a small gift along with it. boppy covers or diaper bag. although diapers and wipes are always appreciated. i hope i get frozen dinners so i don't have to worry about it for a few days after the birth.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• DIAPERS for one and then I like to try and do something nice like find something cute. My last baby I decorated the nursery in Frogs. I was so excited to see all the different frog stuff people found. My favorite gift was a froggy blanket someone bought and then had his name engraved on it. Unless someone really needs clothes I wouldn't bother. There pretty easy to come by through hand me downs and such.
    kittymccaffery

Answer by kittymccaffery at 10:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Excellent suggestion melody77 thanks
    Anonymous

• See if she is registered first. That might help.

I'm very picky about safe baby products and many moms are too. I would get her something organic or all natural like an organic cotton wash cloth set and organic shampoo.

You can always "go in" on a big gift with other people.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• kittymccaffery I don't know what the theme is, froggies how cute
    Anonymous

• ecodani going organic good thought
    Anonymous

• Everyone gets expecting Mom's newborn items, you end up with too many of them. I would like items for the baby as he/she gets a bit older.

With my first child, I had more newborn sleepers than any one child could possibly wear, and he grew out of them quickly. But when it came to 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9 to 12 months I was constantly out shopping.

Anonymous

• My friend said she got something at her shower that she wasn't expecting to receive but was probably the most thoughtful of all. Someone had gotten her all of her necesseties for the hospital, kinda like a mommy bag. Mini hygeinal products, pads (might be kinda weird though if you don't know her well), socks, magazines, books, gum, etc. Stuff that mom might forget to pack.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• DIAPERS DIAPERS DIAPERS!  And they have those gifts where you can get the baby shampoo, lotion, nail clippers, etc all in one package!  If I'm not mistaken, they are only like $20.00 at Walmart and MUCH needed! 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would have loved a spa certificate...it can be spendy though.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009