Is It To Early To Try For Another Baby Since Misscarriage

I had a miscarriage 2 months ago I waited like the doctor said to have sex with my husband until after my first cycle after the miscarriage, however they didn't say when we could try for another baby and i was wanting to know if any of you could help me answer this. We already have a 2 year old boy but I would really like to have another child so if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Kalendra

Asked by Kalendra at 11:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• there is not time limit but you should call your GYN and find out why you missed to begin with so you can prevent it from happening again
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Well with my last son who is now 2 I got pregnant with him a month and a half after a miscarriage and had no problems. Now I am 7 months pregnant and I got prego with this baby 2 months after having a bad miscarriage caused by cervical cancer I didn't know I had. This pregnancy has been a breeze so I'm no doctor but I would think it would be fine to start now it might take you a couple months to get pregnant anyways.
    kittymccaffery

Answer by kittymccaffery at 11:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Ya call and make sure you have the go ahead. My friend had a bad MC and her and her hubby only had to wait until she had a normal period. They are excepting in march :~)
    Anonymous

• they told me to wait 3 months after both of mine. one was natural the other i had to have a d&c for it. but i think part of their wait time was emotional as well as physical recovery. i'd call your doc and just ask when its ok to start trying again.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I would recommend charting a cycle and making sure that your luteal phase is long enough. I just had an ectopic pregnancy in June and now my LP is really short... which would cause a miscarriage if I were to concieve now. Any kind of pregnancy loss can make your luteal phase short, too, so chart to make sure. Get the book taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It goes over everything.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2009