Did you know if your kids don't get their shots you can't get cash aid??

I was just reading on the website you can get sanctioned and not get cash aid if they don't have proof they are up to date on their shots. Even in a really hard time? That made no sense to me. I don't see the difference between if they had shots or not. What if the child was allergic to something in the shots? Then what?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Is it not EXTREMELY strange that gov't is SO totalitarian about vaccinations??

People get so exercised about freedom of choice when it comes to a woman's body (abortion), yet NO freedom of choice for your child's body ???

And of course the dictatorial attitude also extends beyond vaccinations to many other parts of our daily lives ...

So, what do these people who advocate for freedom in inconsistent fits and starts actually believe? Liberty ... or not?

If you think it through with any integrity, then you can't reconcile freedom like the ACLU demands for sexual stuff, pornography, abortion, etc. with all the meddling and downright strong-arming taking place with closing people's businesses, confiscating their homes to award the land to developers, banning guns, etc.

Are these people simply incapable of a connected train of thought? Is that how they get around the blatant hypocrisy?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• http://www.ehsd.org/work/work001.html
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• If they don't get shots they don't get cash? I am not sure what you are asking. I thought kids needed vaccinations to get into school unless they have a religious excuse.
    Anonymous

• The point is that they do not want to increase the likel hood of illness in people who will need medicaid--- I mean if you choose not to vaccinate and your kid gets the mumps should tax payers have to foot that bill?? when it would have only cost $1 to give them the shot.... they dont discriminate for medical reasons like allergy and cancer--
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I haven't seen anything in the state I live in about this. I think that it's a good idea. I believe everyone should vaccate there child and there selves. My childcare provided doesn't allow child in unless they have all there shots.
    Anonymous

• WTF that's stupid. My child had an allergic reaction to her hep b shot at birth and we stopped giving shots to her bc the risks outweigh the benefits. So I can't get CALWORKS because of that? Maybe they have a reason??
    Anonymous

• uh, yeah, that is NOT true. When my husband first left me, I went down to the welfare office to sign up for foodstamps and cash aid. They asked for my daughters records. She has none because she has never received a single shot ever. I simply turned in a waiver form. Bada boom bada bing. No issues whatsoever.
    *on a side note for those of you who bash PA, I never did follow through on getting help. I am not on any kind of PA
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Haydensmommy:::::
    the link said it. Maybe where you live it's different
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would take that shit to court if I were on PA and they told me that.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Is it not EXTREMELY strange that gov't is SO totalitarian about vaccinations??People get so exercised about freedom of choice when it comes to a woman's body (abortion), yet NO freedom of choice for your child's body ???And of course the dictatorial attitude also extends beyond vaccinations to many other parts of our daily lives ...So, what do these people who advocate for freedom in inconsistent fits and starts actually believe? Liberty ... or not?If you think it through with any integrity, then you can't reconcile freedom like the ACLU demands for sexual stuff, pornography, abortion, etc. with all the meddling and downright strong-arming taking place with closing people's businesses, confiscating their homes to award the land to developers, banning guns, etc.Are these people simply incapable of a connected train of thought? Is that how they get around the blatant hypocrisy?

AGREED!!!
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2009