my husband is so mean...

I don't know what to do anymore. he is so freaking mean anymore it's not even funny. Every night when he gets home, he just starts taking out all of his annoyances on me and my dd. he calls me names, tells me I'm stupid, tells me to "shut my fucking mouth". he also yells at dd...she is always so excited to see her Daddy at the end of the day, and he treats her like crap. tells her to go away or to shut up. it breaks my heart. he is stressed about money and work and he just quit smoking(it's gotten worse since that). we have another one on the way and I don't think I can stay with him if he's gonna continue to treat me and my dd this way. I'm just sick of being the person he takes everything out on, I'm about to leave. what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You have to make your own decision and do what is right for you. But you do not have to be treated this way. It really isn't good to let your kids be treated badly, they will grow up and think this is normal and take abuse from other people. Tell him you are thinking of leaving. If it doesn't get better than you will really have to think about what is right for you and your children.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• def leave hun. bc your dd is taking it now just think your new dd or ds will have to take it too.. i bet he doesnt even act excited about the baby anymore does he? he is worthelss acting like that toward you. but yall are married u took vows.. and they say you have to accomplish big steps in your marriage.. just try to stick through it ignore him and try to give ur dd all loving she possibly can get that way she dont get sh** thru him. good luck
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• You and your DD definatley dont deserve that. honestly i would tell him if he doesnt stop talking to you like that and get over himself he can get the fuck out. Tell him to leave his attitude and mean words at the door or dont come in. I know how you feel when my DH and i are having money problems or something he tends to get out of hand with teh way he talks to me and I dont let him forget I am his wife and I dont deserve that and if he wants to continue talking to me liek that he can leave. :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• mine pushed me past the limit yesterday when he told our 4 month old to shut up so he could hear his video game. i told him to pick it or us he said game. so told him not to come home from work today, knowing he wouldn't take me seriously after he left today i put the chain on the door, w/a suitcase and his stupid games outside. he sat on the porch for a few hours just kinda in shock b/c he realized i was serious. we sat down and had a long talk about how both of us need to make changes (i'm not perfect either) and we'll see if it worked. but if you really feel like you are ready to leave, do so, leave for a day or a week or however long you feel is necessary see if it works and makes him realize how awful he is being. but its up to you and what you want to do, either you put up with it, force him to change or walk out.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Tell him exactly how you feel and give him a little time to change. If it doesn't happen then you have to leave. I hate to say it cause I'm all for staying with your man but abuse is abuse mentally or physically. Pray about it. Talk to him and if he doesn't seem to care or change then move on. There is no reason for you to be miserable no man is worth it and your kids will be happier in the long run too.
    kittymccaffery

Answer by kittymccaffery at 11:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I am so sorry for you. You probably have heard his yelling for a while now, is their a way you can stay with your mom? If not can you just do that thing where he is abusive and keep track of the name calling by looking at the frequent times and saying that 's enough allow me to leave God, and get this straight and when you are packed let him never find you so he can't terrorize you or children ever again, my dad sexually abused me and the whole family covered it up, I was in his household my entire life and never ever felt safe, I still am not over this and it ruined every relationship, or should i say I haven't needed the man part of my life, I am sure we do greater without them. Just be sure it's what you want, think , you could be loving these children so much better when they don't hear those words and stuff. Good luck, do all you can that's right, I'll pray for you and the children
    Anonymous

• When he starts yelling at you like that take your daughter and walk out. After a couple of nights he will get it.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would leave if for no other reason than you don't need some jerk to break your little girl's spirit.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009