Anyone know anything about Medicaid in Virginia?

I'm not on Medicaid, but I was wondering about it the other day. Someone told me and my husband that WE should qualify for Medicaid because of how little money we're making (well, how little I'M making, since he's still looking for a job). I thought that you could only get it if you're under 19, or pregnant, or disabled. Am I wrong? CAN you really get it if you're just plain poor lol? Just wondering because I was arguing with someone about it a couple of days ago, and I like to know if I'm right or wrong. (Ok, I admit, it was my mom trying to make us sign up if we qualify because she worries about me getting sick or hurt, etc.) Haven't been able to find anything for sure about it online, but I'll keep looking. Thanks!!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Health

• i am 20 and on medicaid, lol my husband was laid off from work so it just really depends on the money coming in to the size of ur family
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i'm not sure, however i do know my gf was on it while pregnant and for 8 weeks postpartum, than was off of it. so i don't know if that was the state or if it was her choice. i can ask for you tomorrow, send me a message so i don't lose this question, i'll ask her and let you know.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• OP here: Really? I had no idea. I thought that you had to be either a kid, disabled or pregnant to get Medicaid. Jeez, we probably DO qualify then, because of how little I'm making.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2009