Does your religion come from a text books of facts? (those who believe in God)

When I was pregnant my body did not do what the text book said. My morning sickness didn't go away, I didn't gain weight and so on.

The doctore said well your body didn't read the text books.

I look at this with religion. I don't need to read a bunch of books to understand. The one thing I understand is Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

Do you need proof and facts or does God guide your heart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• before i converted to my current religion, i researched it up the wazoo. then i had bible studies to understand what i was reading in the bible.
    Anonymous

• I follow my heart and soul and head. I figure they all work well together as is so I might as well trust in them.
    I dont need scientific type facts to know what I believe is right and real for me. I just need those 3 items listed above.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Nope I walk by faith with my Lord Jesus! Although I KNOW God is the creator or the heavens and earth.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Proof
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 1:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Hey look,there's a Conservative effort to rewrite the bible.

http://conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009/10/05/coming-soon-the-new-international-free-market-bible/comment-page-3/#comments
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I like to follow my heart and just pray that it is God leading me. I am reading the bible and studying and reading it WAY different then how I was raised... But I do not think that a book is needed. I mean from Adam and Eve till about Moses's time we prolly didn't have a bible. Then also until Revelation was finished and the whole bible put together all we had to go on was bits and pieces, that when put together make the whole bible. So I really don't think the bible is necessary as long as we have God in our heart but it's GREAT to help us answer questions :) God bless
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Nope. Knowledge is important for RELIGION. But Faith is really all that's needed. I have a great knowledge base on a number of religions - But I have no faith in most of them. As a Pagan there are no text books. I see no point in repetitively reading the same things over and over, it doesn't grow your faith.. Getting out and experiencing your Gods work at hand grows you faith...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My faith comes by hearing and reading the Word of God. You can call the Bible my text book. It is full of proof and facts! I believe every single word and it is far more superior than any other book ever written. I am very careful reading "secular" books that are full of man's opinion. I prefer to read and obey and learn from the only book written by God Himself! Without the Bible, we could not understand God. The Bible is His words written to us so that we can learn who God is, how much He loves us, and what He has done for us. Let the Bible be your textbook!

missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• "My faith comes by hearing and reading the Word of God. You can call the Bible my text book. It is full of proof and facts! I believe every single word and it is far more superior than any other book ever written. I am very careful reading "secular" books that are full of man's opinion. I prefer to read and obey and learn from the only book written by God Himself! Without the Bible, we could not understand God. The Bible is His words written to us so that we can learn who God is, how much He loves us, and what He has done for us. Let the Bible be your textbook!"

The Bible is the inerrant word of God. That is all I need. I read it over and over because God is always showing me something new in it.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• When I'm sitting in church listening to word of God being preached and get chills, or when i see prayers answered, or even when i need guidance and feel His presence with me- that's all the proof I need.

The Bible WAS NOT WRITTEN BY GOD. It was written by men who were instructed by God as to what should be written. Through the years and different translations, the Bible is not exactly as it was. But i believe that God would not allow the book to survive as long as it has if it were very far from the original. I also believe that we must read and re-read the Bible. You could read a passage a thousand times and never truly understand it's meaning- until it is relevant to your life.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009