Those of you with kids that can think and act on thier own. Do any of them understand God and religion?

Have any of your children shown signs of understanding or talking to God on their own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My daughter is almost 17 and she understands god and religion very well, that is why she is an atheist.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My kids started talking and asking about God at very young ages. Their logic an common sense help them understand there is something bigger than us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My 14 year old is a born again Christian. Although she has been raised in church she has never been pressured to make a decision it has been her own idea.

Most children don't develope an interest or comprehension of spritiuallity until around 7 or 8, some even older.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My oldest is almost 5 and i have heard him talk about our God and Goddess to others. He's also asked me many questions and has requested to learn about Buddhism. He has also said things that make it seem that he understands that They have "power" over things that we do not.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My 5 yr old asks questions that deal with religious topics from time to time and he talks to the God and Goddess on occasion or asks me questions about them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• They know and understand more then we do at times.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My 7 yr old has been asking about God and church for a few years. MOreso because he has been told by our christian friends son that my son is going to hell because he doesn't believe, and that we are bad people.
    Yea, that should be a pretty big lesson as to why we don't believe in a God. Such statements are cruel. I hope for my kids to be better people than that.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My kids are 16 and 15, and they both have a very close relationship with God. We have raised them to know Him since they were born, with age appropriate conversations and so on, and they have seen first hand His work done. They were encouraged to develop their own relationship with Him, and we encouraged questions about Him, some we could answer, some we couldn't.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My kids are 3 and 5 and so far have never asked about god or religion.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My oldest will be 17 next month and is definitely someone who thinks for herself. She has decided that although she believes in God, she does not want to conform to religion and the second she turns 18 and her father no longer can force her to go to church, she will not be attending. She is a liberal through and through and finds organized religion detestable, bigoted, unfair and intolerable. To her, a relationship with God is something personal and does not discuss it with anyone, so I'm not sure what she understands or if she talks to God and it's really none of my business.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009