i think my husband is being selfish

we live in NY where it's always rush rush rush lifestyle well for my sanity i managed to get my three boys in after school which i pick them up at 6 every evening mind you i have a 14 month old dd at home with me and my sister who is mentally retarded who lives with me also and take full care of her well Thursdays and Fridays are his days off and the days we go shopping and out for lunch and we take our time which i treasure here's where he's being selfish my 13 year old son came home with some bad language were not sure its from after school or school but now he wants to pull him out and that means he'll get home everyday at 2:20 so we wont be able to get out anymore really and when we do we'll have to rush rush rush again am i the one being selfish

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Bad language? PLEASE! He's going to pick that up no matter where he is after school! And he's 13. I'd say "uh, no he's staying in the after school program and that's final."
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Try talking to your DH. Letting him know that it is more helpful for you that he stays in.( along with the point that you enjoy and look forward to the time youn's get to spend together on his days off.) Exsplain to him that there has to be another way of punishment for your son's behavior. I do agree with Ati, they are gona pick this stuff up no matter where they are. Your son has to understand that bad things happen in the real world but also he has to understand that dose not mean it's okay for him to act that way as well.
    I think if you talk openly with your husbant about your feelings on the matter he'll then understand. Some times Men just don't see things the way we do , that or they don't understand how the little things really mean ALOT to us.... Best of luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That's difficult to answer since there are always two sides of the story, and the only one I'm seeing is the one that's all about you. What are your DH's intentions? What's his schedule? Does he feel this will help his son? What's his reasoning behind pulling your son out? You just left out so much detail on your hubby, that this sounds like a one-sided story about you.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 12:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• no its not a one sided story my hubby's schedule is in sane and I'm the one with the kids all the time i take them to appointments i go to parent teacher meetings i do it all and he gets the fun daddy role cause hes hardly with them so all i want is that time we have together and that time away from my crazy life
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Bad language? Seriously? He wants to pull your child out of something because he may or may not have picked up a bad word there? Give me a break and correct your child. Inform them that that language is not acceptable. Tell them to have more respect for their parents and themselves and read more because if they have to use profanity their vocabulary obviously needs a little expansion.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2009