different "types" of nesting??

my mom thinks I am nesting because I have this majorly sudden urge to bake...a lot...& from scratch. but I thought nesting was cleaning & laundry & putting together the nursery & all that stuff that involves baby & preparing for baby's arrival. is there really different "types" of nesting?? because honestly, I have absolutely no desire to clean or do laundry at all LOL.

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• definetly, its all based upon your instincts, so im sure everyone is different. i was a clean freak, tore apart closets, labeled, organized, you name it. but i also started cooking a lot, either way i think its an awesome thing, that your body and mind automatically tap into the mommy-ness of it all lol
    i wonder if/how the women in the old days nested, if at all..
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• ya theres different types w/my first i was all about bleaching everything in site and making sure everything was ready for her, w/my second it was more along the lines of cooking and getting stuff ready for me. nesting is more considered stuff that you do to prepare for the baby's arrival which is different for everyone so theres really no one type.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Before I found out I was pregnant, I had this intense urge to purge a bunch of crap out of my basement and make it into more of a living space. Nesting typically comes towards the end of a pregnancy and it usually involves cleaning but it could be anything at any time. Cleaning, baking, organizing, sewing, whatever you feel is necessary to get prepared. Enjoy the burst of energy while you have it!
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2009