Hair loss after giving birth

how long did it last for you? It started about 3 weeks ago when the baby turned 3 months, it drives me crazy, it's hair everywhere. When will it stop?

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 12:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine stopped when my son was 6-7 months old.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Mine started at about the same time - when my son was about three months - and lasted till he was about six months. In theory, it's supposed to grow back in slowly but I still have thin spots along my hairline where it hasn't grown back and my son is nearly two (and I'm pregnant which I thought might help hurry things along).
    Hair loss can be a sign of thyroid disorder. That was my first thought since I've had thyroid problems in the past. But my thyroid has been functioning consistently well, and still the hair thing. In fact, I was losing so much hair, I went to my PCP in an utter panic. She ran just about every blood test under the sun and everything came back normal. Apparently, I just loose tons of hair.
    I've been told that Biotin can help with thinning hair but I haven't tried that yet. Safflower oil rubbed into the scalp is supposed to help as well - it just made my hair feel greasy.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Oh that happened to my cousin. Scared me so I cut my hair super short before baby was born! Cuzin has a full head of hair so it grew back soon after.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Man, I dont' remember how long it lasted, but probably 3-4 months? I was shedding like a Golden Retriever.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2009