Hubby staying up an extra hour?

My husband works midnights, 10pm-6am, five nights a week.
Our daughter[7months] usually wakes up at 7, and that is when I get up.
But some days she gets up at 6, or a bit before, and when hubby gets home he offers to stay up with her for an hour or so and lets me sleep a bit longer.
DD also gets up around 2 times a night to nurse. And I let hubby sleep untill 3-4.
He mentioned it to one of our friends and the friend made some bitchy comments to me about making him work all night then stay up so I can lie around.

But I don't ask him to! He comes home and offers!
I mean if he doesn't mind then I should let him do it right?
I feel like a bitch now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• you should have told her to F*ck off. LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• it is none of that friends buisness what goes on in your house you husband should not have mentioned that to them...is the friend male or female beacuse if it is female then you may have other problems on your hands.you all have to do whats best for you and yours he dosent mind doing it then so be it........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• take his offers you have a full time jon being a mom. u need your rest as well. my hubby us to be like that with our newborns as well. and i never said no!!!! u sleep
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• She is probably just jealous!! My hubbie works overnights and he usually stays up for a few hours after he gets home. If one of the kids wakes up then he gets them, unless its a poopy diaper!!! Then I get woke up! lol There is nothing wrong with him helping out. Besides it gives them one on one time
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• First of all this is between you and your hubby. What other people think shouldn't bother you. And if he's offering then I don't see a problem on taken him up on ,I'm sure there are days that he comes home beat and wore out. ( I wouldn't push it and make him feel as if he has to all the time) But do be sure to let him know how thankful you are and it means alot to you that he thinks of you in giving you alittle extra resting time... Sounds like you have a good one ... let him know that. ;o)
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Tell her to mind her own business. You didn't crawl on top of yourself and get pregnant and therefor it is also his responsibility to take care of your baby. Even better that he's happy to do it. Find new friends!
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• its good mabe he just wants alone time with his kid.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I got that same shit from one of the guys that my DH works with. My DH is in the army and he goes to work at about 530 and gets home around 530-6. My son eats at 8 then goes to bed well DH always takes that feeding. Well his friends gace me hell about it then talked to him and now he wont do it! Now i never get a break from my son. And one day DH took care of him and he looked like he was about to loose his mind. He kept just setting him in his crib because he was crying. And then i told DH thats what i deal with every day. And i dont get a break from it. So why do you get one yet i dont. Now he will help out a bit more again. But i was pissed that his friends cant mind their own business.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• He's offering to stay up and be a father?! How dare he! *sarcasm*

Ain't nobody's business but you and hubby's. Maybe they need to be told to step up and treat their women better.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• If it works for you and your family they can just stuff it!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009