I am going to try to start baking cakes...

How hard is it REALLY to make fondant? Does anyone have any suggestions to make it eaiser?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would suggest that you buy it to start out with. It will be much easier!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I don't have the money :( but I have all the ingredinents i need so it is more for fun...there is no event that i need it for just for fun!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have never made it myself but I hear it is pretty easy. I don't like the taste of it though! :P
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yeah i have heard a lot of people say that they don't like the taste which SUCKS because it looks soooooo good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Definately use the glycerin the recipe calls for, as that makes it nice & smooth and much easier to work with. If you don't like the taste of fondant, you can improve it by using a different flavor extract than vanilla - try almond, as it is very good with most cake types & holds up well to the sugar.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Marshmallow fondant is the best tasting fondant, I've found, and it's easy to make. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7529/ts-marshmallow-fondant

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My friend makes cakes to sell and she makes marshmallow fondant cause it tastes better and its cheaper to make than buying premade.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2009