so we have alreday decided I probably have a sinus infection, now I have a question about strep throat.

I thought I was getting better. At about 9 tonight my throat started hurting really bad, like up into my ears and brain(headache). No medicine is working to make it less or feel better. I cough so hard to try to get the stuff out that I feel like I'm going to throw up. I also feel like there is something stuck in there. I had my MIL look down my throat and she said there was a tiny little spot that may have been a white spot from strep but she wasn't sure.

Does this sound like strep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• nopee talk to a dr dont try to diagnose yourself...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I can't go to a doctor, I don't have insurance. If I call in and tell them I am sure I have *xxxxx* and need medicine for it they will call in to the pharmacy. I don't have the money to pay out of pocket for an apointment.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• swine flu comes on fast, sore throat, headache goes with it. Are you coughing so hard to get stuff out of your chest, or out of your throat? sounds like doctor land to me. Good Luck.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm coughing to get it out of my throat, my lungs are pretty ok except they hurt a little from coughing so hard.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It doesn't matter if it's strep. It's best for normal people not to take antibiotics for strep. Normal people probably don't need antibiotics for sinus infections either. By normal I mean people who are not immunocompromised or have other medical conditions like asthma.

Over the counter meds are pretty much useless. Nasal saline can help your nose. Taking a shower can help with congestion.

If you feel you must go to the doctor there are probably clinics that charge on a sliding fee schedule. They may have sample meds they give out free.

I have genetic immune deficiencies and have no IgA to protect my sinuses. I have sinusitis or sinus infections A LOT. I've had an infection for the last 9 weeks despite powerful antibiotics. I'm an expert on it. In the morning I'm having IV IgG. I hope that will do the trick.

It just take several weeks to get better. Hope you feel better soon.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Then contact your congressional representative and demand Universal Health Care coverage.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2009