the most disgusting, revolting thing i've ever heard

so today my daughter came home looking sick to her stomach and said "mom today in last period science my table partners were talking about what they did at each others house and one of them said Yeah my dad committed suicide and he was cremated and we have his ashes about the fireplace so we decided to smoke them. we video recorded it and we were thinking about putting it on youtube but we don't want to get caught" they werent saying it TO my daughter they were talking about it more to themselves bought seeing as my daughter is sitting right next to them she overheard. I think there is a small chance it was a joke but she goes to a public school and they have had drug raids. This just makes me more determined to get her into a private school. I just don't want my daughter sitting around these girls but I don't know what to say. Any thought comments or opinions? My daughter is 13 btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Those girls are full of shit..I'm guessing they were just tryin to shock your daughter...teach her to roll her eyes and say things like 'cool' and 'whatever'...takes away the tough chicks power... they'll get bored and look for weaker prey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yeah I sorta agree with above but it doesnt sound like the girls were trying to have her overhear. hmm maybe talk to her counselor I would just say my daughter is having troubles in this class could she be switched.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Or you can homeschool.. the benefits are absolutely amazing!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That's funny. Sorry, they were seriously joking around being silly (or dumb). Don't move you're daughter just for that. Think about weather she'll get the same education. Public school get more students and more AP classes. Private schools are smaller and don't offer as many AP classes or extracurricular activities.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I agree that she shouldn't let them know they got to her, or that she even heard them. I also agree that you need to talk to the counselor and maybe get her switched to another class.

Also agree that, whether this is true or not, whether they did it or are just talking crap - it's disgusting!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I agree with above post of thinking these girls are just full of crap. As for taken your daughter out of this school or even this class. I wouldn't . You have to remember that there are all kinds of werido's in the world these days. Weather they real or not. I think your best bet is to teach your daughter how to deal with this and other things that comes her way. She should blow it off as if it was nothing. Sounds to me like the girls was just trying to get some kind of reaction out of her, if she don't give them none then they will lose interest in her.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• At 13 this sounds like a BS story quite honestly, it is gross and disrespectful to even joke about it, I feel bad that your daughter had to over hear something like that.

As far as private schools I think it depends on where you live, where i grew up private schools offered a much more advanced education and all the same activities. where i live now i would never put my children there because they dont go to 12th grade and my children would end up in the public school anyhow and they have no extra activities.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• They're 13? Yeah they're full of it. Everyone is trying to look cool in front of everyone else at that age. I wouldn't think anything of it and teach your daughter not to believe everything she hears.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• well some famous rocker form the 60s admitted in Rolling Stones magazine that he smoked his fathers ashes. So maybe they read the article and did it cause their big potheads too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'm 17. Their BSing. They are jack----. They are just talking smack to look like they are something "cool".

Those girls probally cant even spell cremated. Your daughter needs to put her TOUGH skin on. There's going to be a lot of "Disgusting" chit-chat and actions in public schools. It gets worse. She's going to have to deal with in ANY enviroment though ... so what better place to start then public school ? No use sheilding her when she's bound to come across it in someway shape or form.
    LidaBaybee

Answer by LidaBaybee at 10:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2009