Do you do this?

I had to go to walmart after work tonight to get bread and I was pressing on the bread to find the softest loaf. Another lady looking at coffee on the same isle saw me and said "I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does that". I seriously thought I was the only one who squeezes the bread to find the softer loaf...lol. Dh thinks I'm crazy, but a soft loaf is fresher than a firmer one. So does anyone else feel the bread for the softer loaf? Or am I crazy...lol.

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 1:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm with you!!! BREAD SQUEEZERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!! I squeeze fruit too
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• NOPE!!!! I do it too! You have to get the soft one or else it goes stale too quickly!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• nope your not nuts i do it too lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I did it just today. Somtimes when my hubby is with me he stands there and I know he is rolling his eyes the whole time.. but I don't care ... I want the softer loaf !! My son use to work at the local gro store and told me how they rotated it but I still feel the need to squeeze the bread ....LOL
    ( glad to know I'm not alone either)
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I do it, but I do it for two reasons. I made my own bread for years and I realized you can feel any bubbles in the bread, so I feel it for that and for freshness. I've had people give me dirty looks for doing it. Like I'm going to ruin it or something. Ha! I'm not squeezing it that hard! lol Keep squeezing ladies!

Cin53

Answer by Cin53 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Who DOESN'T do that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I do it and I also check the dates. I always look for the furthest date and the softest of that batch! LOL! I don't squeeze it, I just press the tops of the breads. :)
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 2:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Jeckers
    I do it and I also check the dates. I always look for the furthest date and the softest of that batch! LOL! I don't squeeze it, I just press the tops of the breads. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is me exactly!
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Big big bread squeezer here! I thought it was only Charmin we weren't supposed to squeeze lol. BTW if you want D-lish soft bread, buy the frozen loafs and bake it yourself...amazing!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009