when should i go into L&D?

when i was 37 weeks i had bloody show, so i called my doc to let them know and they told me if i didnt have anymore show, contractions, abdominal pain or discharge i am fine.

when i was closer to my 38 weeks, which i am 38 weeks now, i had some massive contractions, i nearly fell over cause they were so intense. i grabbed ahold of my husband and they brought tears to my eyes. i have a really high pain tolerance.

so that time i went to L&D they monitored me for 4 hours, did a pelvic exam, took specimens, made sure my water didnt break, took urine and blood. i was contracting every 2-3 mins but i was not dialated at all. they gave me a shot and sent my ass home.

so my question is this, when should i absolutely go in, cause i dont want to get my hopes up thinking i am going to have my bb cause i am contracting like crazy again and have bloody show but then get sent home again.

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everybody's different. If the contractions are coming one on top of the other, you're probably in transition and might want to get your butt over there, lol. But most women do know when it's time to go. So if you wait it out, you'll probably get your answer. Good luck.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Usually, women can wait until there are regular contractions for an hour or so at least. They should be pretty close together, maybe about 4 minutes (although I sometimes take moms at 2 minutes...), and about 60 seconds long a piece.

What you are noticing might be ramping up for labor, maybe practice, or baby getting into position... It could be 4 or 5 more weeks before your baby or body are ready for birth (then it would be smooth!)--- or it could happen tomorrow...
    It'll happen eventually. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i agree with PP. wait until you have contractions that are pretty long (about a minute), pretty close together (like 3-5 minutes apart), for a good while, like an hour. :) good luck! try to hang in there. you could still have a few weeks left
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009