vaginal burning = broken water?

I had a gf of mine tell me that if you start to have burning,pain and or itching when you urinate that means your water broke.I called my doc office up this morning cause right after i unrinated i felt some burning irritation inside my vagina.when i called my docs office and talked to a nurse she flat out said she has never heard of vaginal burning,pain or itching meaning that your water has broken.when i told my friend this she flipped cause she had her water broken for her and her doc flat out told her that she would have burning and itching down there and that its normal.the reason why i ask this question is cause everytime i go into L&D or my doc office they ask me if i have pain,burning or itching while urinating,and this question has been asked only recently since i have gotten into my 9th month.I understand it is a sign of UTI or yeast but is it also a sign of your water breaking?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is when they break your water, but that's because something irritating has been in there and kinda like sex, it can be sore or itchy and burn afterwards(at least thats sex for me when pregnant)and my husband is clean and knows to wash very well and rinse well before sex so he doesn't cause any infections.
    RoraMonsterMom

Answer by RoraMonsterMom at 1:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• They ask you that because they watch for urinary tract infections. I have never heard of amniotic fluid burning....but I guess it is possible. :) It didn't burn me. BUT I did have irritation from them piercing the sac. :/
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It doesn't burn or itch when your water breaks. The amniotic fluid is mild and wouldn't burn or itch you, it's been around the baby and in the baby's eyes and mouth. It can't be irritating or it would irritate the baby's eyes.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• it is just to see whether or not u are showin symptoms of an UTI it won't burn or itch for u just feels like u peed urself
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That isn't a sign of a rupture, but probably a yeast infection.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009