whats a great way to break your water at home naturally?

I have heard moms say walk,walk,walk,warm baths,sex,nipple stimulation,masterbation and certain foods..but have any of you moms tried these things?and if so had anything worked for you?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well for some of us the water doesn't break until it is time to push! Water breaking and labor starting are not the same thing. There is no reason why the water has to break at all, if it doesnt break during labor the baby can be born in the caul!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My water broke after the next morning after I had sex and did nipple stimulation. It was also a full moon during that time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• sex worked like a charm for us :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Just wait for things to happen on their own. Make sure your home is ready. Watch movies. Rest. There is no hurry.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• stick a rusty metal hanger up that and POP! easy as that! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• uh, thanks, anon.

The bag of waters is VERY important to protect your baby. Sometimes it breaks before labor begins. Usually during labor. But occasionally, it doesn't break at all.

It doesn't matter if it does or not, baby can go through labor more gently if it's unbroken.

Rupturing it artificially by the doctor has risks.

But trying to do it yourself is really unwise. If baby isn't engaged & aligned perfectly, gravity can pull baby into the pelvis slightly (or more) crooked. This makes for a longer, harder labor. (And probably more interventions. But poor baby!) And there is the chance for a prolapse, an extremely high-risk emergency. Not to mention that it increases risk for infection.

That water never HAS to break (naturally or artificially) at all...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i agree with PP, please don't try. you want your water to break on it's own. or perhaps have your provider do it, but only if necessary :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My water didnt break until I was dilated to 9. Like the other posters said sometimes it doesn't even break. Your water doesnt have to break for you to be in labor its all about your contractions. Sex does help though. After I had sex I delivered the next day. 2 days late. Just relax it will happen naturally.
    IsabellesMom524

Answer by IsabellesMom524 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• WOW the anon one who posted stick a rusted wire up there, HOW STUPID ARE YOU!!! HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK I AM??GEEZE, i dont want to injure or kill my baby thank you very much.
    for all the other answers thank you, i thought if by some natural way to get my water to break they would finally let me have my dd.i have been to L&D twice for major contractions.i had them every 2 mins and they just gave me a shot and sent me home.so i know damn well if i go back in again with contractions they wont do jack sqwat.they told me the only reasons why i didnt have my dd last week was cause i was not dialated(which i went over my EDD with my son and never dialated had to have emergency c section)and i told these dumb docs that over and over again.and they said cause i was 37w4d,but i was contracting like crazy which i dont get.i am scheduled for a c section and i think they just didnt want to cut me open last week.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2009