Which is the riskiest option in Swine Flu treatment?

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and scared to death about the swine flu.

Which is safer:

Getting the vaccine OR:
Getting treated with Tamiflu at the first signs of the flu

I'm scared of the death rates of pregnant women. I'm scared of the shot for my unborn baby. I'm scared of my unborn baby getting Tamiflu. What do I do?

ClaireW

Asked by ClaireW at 1:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• Stay home as much as possible. I am not kidding. We went to disneyland and ended up with swine flu. My doctor said my son was one step away from being in the hospital. It is only that we got his fever to break and I force fed him liquids. As it was he went "blind" for a few minutes from dehydration. We think he was about to pass out. He had REALLY low blood pressure.
    IT was HORRIBLE.
    If I was pregnant right now, you bet your sweet ass I would only go out if I ABSOLUTELY had to.
    If I was I would get the vaccination. (AND I DO NOT BELIEVE IN VACCINATIONS!!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Well, my family isn't getting it & if I were pregnant, I wouldn't get it either. I'd do just like I'm doing now --- staying home as much as possible, and becoming very close friends with hand sanitizer AND disinfecting wipes.

Seriously - just stay home. I got groceries Friday a week ago. I carry a travel size hand sanitizer in my pocket & use it every 10-20 min while out shopping during flu season... AND I wipe down shopping carts with Lysol wipes. I didn't go anywhere else all weekend - woke up sick on that Monday (09/28) & still sick today. Not the flu - just a cold - but just goes to show EVERYTHING is floating around out there everywhere.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Even if you are pregnant and stay home you can't keep all of your family home. Do a goodle search to find out more info about why pregnant women should get the immunization. If you have a child that goes to school, a spouse that works around people, or a social life it is very difficult to protect yourself.

I have genetic immune deficiencies, mine were adult onset. Protecting myself from infections is something I have to do all the time. It limits your life. I had to homeschool my kids. I shop in the middle of the night or not at all. I can't go to the movies, church, malls, anywhere there may be crowds. I can't use public transportation. The list goes on ....
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The riskiest option is having heavy metals injected into your body.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• What should you do? TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS!!!!!!!

Do your research. The swine flu is no deadlier than the "regular" stupid flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009