what do you think about using city assistance to help pay rent for one month?

We have hit hard times and have fallen behind a bit on bills, there is a place down the street that is emergency assistance for elec rent water transportation etc. We only need help with rent and they only pay a small amount on it, but we need the help!

I feel so horrible for resorting to it, but idk what else to do, weve both been picking up shifts and my SO has a THIRD job....

is it bad if i do this to help my family this month??? :/
i feel like a failure right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you got to do what you got to do. It is better to get the help now then to keep falling behind and not know where to do. If you feel bad then make sure you donate when you are back on your feet
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i would totally do it, i once before had to do something similar...when ur in need hey ur in need ..and like the mom above me said donate when u can..i donated clothes to the local baptist thrift store
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• if you gotta do it, do it and dont feel bad. Its people that scam the system that give it a bad name. But if your man has 3 jobs, i dont know if you'll qualify. I know that they go on income in most cases to prevent people who have $ but just dont spend wisely. (and Im NOT saying thats u hun) U know what i mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I say do it. It's better than having your family out on the street. I feel guilty about getting food stamps, but it's better to loose some dignity than to be proud and have my kids go hungry.
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• no they dont go by income at this place, they just have you bring your late notice and they call the place where you live and confirm you are late and they make a check out to the company and you take it to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Do what you have to do. I have a life so I would never sit here and bash you for living yours. Get on food stamps too if it will help in a pinch. You won't see me here telling you you can't have a cookie or get your nails done because you are on assistance. I have better things to do than sit here and pretend I am better than you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I believe that's what it is there for, so .. . yeah, if you can use it, do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2009