Help!!! I hate my IUD but need some type of birth control!!!!

I have had my IUD for 3 yrs now (only 2 yrs left to go), lately Ive noticed that I have HORRIBLE mood swings... very odd periods... light periods with more painful cramps... low sex drive... just to name the things I notice most! I talked to my dr about switching birth control methods and Im still totally LOST! I have two children, my six yr old was conceived while I was on the pill (im bad at taking anything daily) and my three yr old was conceived while I was on the depo shot, which I was faithful to... I guess Im just super fertile!!! Ive talked to my hubby about getting my tubes tied or having another child, but he isnt sure... so I need some form of birth control that wont make me go CRAZY!!! Any suggestions? I know everything will have its side effects but the ones Im experiencing are HORRIBLE!!!! Any suggestions are appreciated!!! Thanks!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• My husband has a problem with getting snipped... which is fine! I dont have any worries or problems with getting my tubes tied.... so that is the route we will take when we are SURE that we are done having kids!

Any other suggestions than condoms? I just hate being 'ready, set, go' and not being able to 'go' cause we dont have a condom!!!! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I hated my IUD. He can get snipped.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• a condom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• condoms
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 2:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• They have a new procedure were they put something in your tubes to block them rather than cut them. It is an easier surgery.

The man getting snipped is the best birth control option. The surgery is easy and involves little pain. I think a real man would do it for his woman. You can tell him I said so.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• no pill no iud no shot no snip snip no ties... CONDOM... or dont have sex thats the safest way to not get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I use FAM (fertility awareness method). I watch my fertility signs as outlined in Toni Weschler's book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's as effective as the pill when used properly. It can also be used for pregnancy achievement for when you're ready, and to give you insight into your body. I will warn you, though, it's highly unforgiving. Most methods "fail" at any time during your cycle, which means it could be failing when there is almost no chance of getting pregnant anyway. But if you don't follow the FAM rules then you are having unprotected sex when you are most likely to get pregnant.

I love it. I only have to worry about condoms for about 8 days out of the month.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• what about that new thing they put in your Arm its call like nuroplant or some name like that... its good for 3 yrs and then if you aren't ready for another kid yet they can put a new one in...
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 5:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Diaphram, spounge... Both can just be tossed in your purse if you are going to be out and about or can be put in hours in advance. Yes, it still takes some planning, but so do babies. lol!

You could also look in the NuvaRing (sp) You only have to put it in once a week, 3 weeks a month. Talk to your doctor about it.

I don't believe in IUDs, I would never use one, And because of hormonal issues I can't use anything with hormones in it (pill, ring, shot) so, we use either a sponge (whice we love but they are expensive) or condoms... Haven't had an issue yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2009