Which Las Vegas hotel should we book

Ok so for my birthday this year my husband is taking me to Las Vegas and my in laws are watching our son for 4 days while we are gone... It is in December and we are booking the trip (hotel and plane tickets) next week. We originally were going to book Treasure Island and have been wanting to book that one but then I started looking at other hotels on the strip and found that New york, New york was cheaper, by like 100 dollars... But the night club we are going to is in Treasure island and is free for TI guests (normally 50 bucks) and we are going to a show that is in TI also. It is also down the street from a big mall and in the middle of the strip.
NY,NY looks nice too though and has a roller coaster, the room looks nice, you can have them send up a cake for your birthday for cheap (saw a pic of the cake and it looked yummy and creative) but it is farther down on the strip... which do you think I should go with?

Savanna22

Asked by Savanna22 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Travel

• how much time do you plan on spending in the hotel? If you spend only a little amount of time in the hotel go for the cheaper one.... why pay for something you wont stay in all day and enjoy? Are you renting a car? Which hotel do you plan on being around most? Just remember sometimes you end up paying for convenience..... Good Luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• To sxc mom of2 we are probably going to be around TI the most, we are doing a lot in that hotel and right around it... So even if we did book New York, NY (mostly cause the cake thing got me...lol.) we would be spending most of our time around TI anyways... I actually emailed TI to see if they could do the cake thing too and how much it would be...
    Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would suggest the TI. I have stayed in many of the hotels. Never at my expense b/c it was when I was growing up(17 and under)-as I have family that lives there and we always went for Thanksgiving and stayed in Hotels because of shows, etc. It is a good hotel and if it will save you money and if that will be where you are spending most of your time, it is worth it. Even if the cake thing has caught your attention, maybe your hubby is planning something better or TI has something similar. Go with that and I wish you the best of luck and a trip of your life! P.S. Check out the water show at the Belagio(sp?) at night. It is awesome! (Take pics)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 3:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I was looking some more and the Mirage which is right next door to TI is cheaper too and has a lot of perks to it... You get 2 free tickets to the dolphin and wildlife habit, two free robes, they have a great room service menu! (maybe even better then the cake idea) and you get a few other free things with your stay too... So I may go with that one considering they are connected to TI so it is cheaper and still like right there... but then will have to pay for the night club, but I think I will be saving more even with paying for the nightclub... Idk yet... still have a week to figure it out.
    Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 5:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• sounds like you have made up your mind. Mirage!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I like TI, although since I'm local, I haven't stayed at any Strip hotels so I don't know how the rooms are. TI is the only hotel I go to the Strip to eat at, because their food is really good. I also like where it's located, since you're right in the heart of things.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Stay where the room is cheapest. If you are on the Strip - Monte Carlo, Mirage, TI, you can walk to most of the properties. Women don't have to pay a cover charge to get into most of the clubs. You're not going to be in the room that much, and they all look the same. For that matter, all the clubs are the same, too.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have stayed at many of them, but we always end up staying at the Orleans, it is off the strip a ways, but the rooms are so nice and they have a bowling alley and a theatre, but u sound like you want to party, so someplace on the strip then I guess.
    Anonymous

• Girl I'll be honest I've stayed at every hotel on the strip and those are two of my least favorites. If I were you I'd invest a few bucks more and stay at the Mirage next door to the Treasure Island. Its way nicer and cleaner and you can walk to the show you're going to. My favorite hotel in that price range is Planet Hollywood though because its located right in the middle of the strip. You've got to consider when you're factoring in costs how much a cab will cost to everywhere you want to go. Theres much more and better stuff to do on the end of the strip with Mirage and TI on it. Thats probably where you guys will end up. Seriously stay at the Mirage!
    Anonymous

• Girl don't make your decision on the club tickets a lot of the time they'll give you coupons in the hotel when you visit for the clubs and you can often get half of tickets at the half price ticket outlets at Planet Hollywood, Flamingo and The Fashion Show Mall. In the cabs there are booklets with coupons too. Remember when you take the cab from the airport to tell them not to take the tunnel they do that on purpose to make you pay a fortune. Really good cake at Red Velvet Cafe and there is a place called Serendipity in front of Ceasars Palace (next door to Mirage) that also has amazing desserts. Happy Birthday
    Anonymous