Why is it that the darn Lawyer wants me & hubby to go sign the paperwork with the seller which is my stepmom, why can't we go apart?

My mean stepmom has been harrassing us that she wants the money now but my husband gets paid till friday and the lawyer wants us to pay her 368.00 cash and not in payments so I got to wait till hubby gets paid but my stepmom cant get that straight and calls me like 100 times per day, thats why I dont want to see her face! what will u do? and we dont have credit to get a loan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Don't do business with family

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Grow up, do what you need to do.

Many people work with people they dont like, but whats is worth the stress, useless bitching?

If you dont like her so much be happy to do it and get it done, stop crying like a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Wow, I remember this one from last week. you could have saved yourself $351.

But aren't you glad its going to be done with?

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• He is doing it because that is the way business is done. I didn't see last weeks deal, so don't ask me. But when you sign a mortgage with a bank there are typically 9 people in the room. Husband and wife buyer, husband and wife seller, two real estate agents, two or three lawyers, or a bank rep. and you sign and write checks like crazy! You should call the lawyer and tell him to explain to his client (your step mother) that she needs to back off and let him be the one in the middle. Tell him you have no intensions of dealing with her directly and will only talk to him. (Unless I am way off in the dark because I missed last week's drama.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Its drama, when is the last time you went into a business meeting to see someone cry like this?
    Anonymous

• damn u annonymous mothers need to get laid!!! u say its drama but it seems like u moms are the ones writing the drama on your answers! u should grow up!
    Anonymous