can a 7 month old eat CHEESE??

like cheddar cheese?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably. If you and the baby's father don't have allergies it is probably OK. It used to be recommended to wait on cheese and yogurt until 9 months. Recent research released concludes that almost all foods can be started after 6 months including peanuts.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Gailll... I dunno about that. Everything LLL and the AAP is putting out still says to wait until 2 for peanuts and other highly allergenic foods.

Dairy in general is pretty constipating. If you're not breastfeeding then I would wait, since the baby is already getting tons of dairy, and just stick to fruits and vegetables.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Cheese is fine to give. Just be sure to keep it as the only new food you offer, just as with anything else...checking for sensitivities.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• You can start cheese and yogurts around 7-8 months. www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipYogurt.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes - we started my son on cheese around that age and he loves it! I get the cubed cheese and then cut it a few more times

Answer by missanc at 8:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would say no. It's a dairy product.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would advise you to ask the Dr. I really can't recall if I gave my son cheese or not at this age. I just know I asked the Dr. about everything. LOL.... I'm a worry wart. Dairy shouldn't be a part of there diet until the age of one.... the same goes for green bean or rather anything green. That is what I was told by my sons Dr.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2009