What is your churches' stance on the swine flu vaccine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't go to a church but I don't understand why they would need to have stance on the swine flu vaccine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• They don't have one.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 7:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• While I'm sure that my Pastors and the other members of the congregation all have opinions on the matter, they are all private opinions. None of them have been expressed in any sort of official or even semi-official way.

I haven't discussed it with any of them, and, to the best of my knowledge, it's not something that they're talking about with each other in general.

lol - I guess their official stance is that they don't have one. My church talks about God, not politics or medicine :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• oh - please don't take that in a mean or catty way - I don't mean it that way, but I just re-read what I wrote and can see that if you don't hear the tone I was thinking those words in, that it could be taken snotty.

I just mean that my church doesn't talk a whole lot about those topics, but then again, I attend a multi-denominational service on a military base, so political issues aren't discussed. :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I am Pagan - So, no church. And depending on the Pagan you ask their attitude toward vaccines may be different. But my attitude is based on both my beliefs and my research and understanding of vaccines. I've had a great need for knowledge on vaccines since I was a teen, because I almost died from my booster.

I am living proof that vaccines cause harm. And because I try to live my life as closely to the "Harm None" rule as I can, vaccines in general cross that line. After years of research on the subject, religious argument or not, I would never vaccinate my family. The swine flu vaccine is no different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Why would a church have a stance on something that has no moral implications?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• yeah, that's what i wondered, too. ^^

its a personal decision, that does not involve the church's interference. i don't know of any biblical reference for or against vaccinations.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Actually there is a church that just don't believe in doctors. Isn't it Christian Science? no blood transfusions, no asprin... It isn't my church and not what I would consider main stream, but whichever one it is just believes in Laying on of hands and prayer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OP here...church throughout the generations has been the guide to leading people. If you can influence thier church you can more easily control them. I was asking because I was curious to see if it was brought up anywhere. :) Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• No stance.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009