Fellow witches, question about healing

I've heard the expression "Witch, heal thyself!" several times and I was just wondering if anyone has done it and what you healed yourself of and how you did it. I'm not very experienced with healing, at all lol, but I've wondered about it for a while and just never got around to asking anyone about it.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I use white-light healing to keep myself--and others--healthy. The difficulty in doing a healing for myself when I'm ALREADY sick is that my concentration is disrupted. Prevention is easier. I also call in angelic help--requesting it from my guardian or the angel in charge of the person I am trying to heal. The guardians help me focus my healing spell in on the person it is intended for. I like using hematite, black onyx, blueberry quartz and sodalite stones for prevention. Rose quartz also has healing properties for when you're NOT sick, but are feeling depressed, stressed or mentally overstretched! My guardian has helped heal me of several bouts of food poisoning, and I have managed to head off some cold virus attacks. The spell protection has been very helpful to my husband, who works in the public. I have a wellness potion but have been afraid to try it as it contains vinegar and garlic!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have been researching healing lately and have found some interesting information on Crystal healing. It might be worth looking into. I haven't tried it yet, but I have also heard that candle ceremonies can work for healing as well. Good luck to you on your quest for information. Blessed Be.
    vchristineg

Answer by vchristineg at 5:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I do a lot of visualization. I visualize a golden light emanating from my center and slowly growing and filling my entire body, pushing out all the negative energy and any sickness. If I have something specific I will concentrate the light on that particular area, say a sore throat or something. Repeat as necessary.

I can't say *poof* all better, but I do feel a lot better afterwords and I feel like my sickness usually is shorter.

I should say I have the attention span of a gnat so laying still and forcing myself to concentrate and visualize is a real effort. I like to think if I were better at that then I would be able to make myself feel even better.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• A lot of positive thinking and visualizing my body dumping the bad out of it.

I am going to learn about crystal healing and work with those but so far the positive thoughts and visualizing have helped the healing process for me.

It was not instant and it was not without the desire to smack someone because I was miserable but it could have been a lot worse and lasted longer and I know its because I didnt let it take over. I stayed positive, I focused, and I didnt let it become all that I was for that time period.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My husband is a healer. I mean, it's just in him! Not like a witch doctor or anything, but anytime family members are ill, he creates a ball of energy and lays hands on the part that hurts. Within a short time the pain is much less and sometimes gone altogether. He is working to strengthen it.
    As for myself, I usually do healing chants or meditate to cleanse my Chakras.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I don't consider myself a witch, but I know my DD has healing abilities, and out of desparation when she was 4 and in agony with an abscessed tooth I tried to draw on her gift and help her out of pain. I gently stroked her swollen cheek and imagined the pain as sickly light that I drew into my fingers and away from her as I stroked. Within minutes she was settled and sleeping pain-free. We repeated this every time the pain returned over the next few days.. It was amazing! I thought it was all her, and I was just directing the energy, but at the advice of some friends I practiced this technique on my own and have found I can ease pain, reduce swelling, and ease illness symptoms in myself and others. My DD can simply walk by you and touch your shoulder or cheek as if giving affection and you instantly feel better, but she doesn't seem to realize she's doing it, she only knows she is offering comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2009

• Both hematite and amethyst both have strong healing properties. Depending on what your ailment is, I would search out either or both and how best to use them for your situation.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have never heard that. But there are a great many ways to "heal thyself" It works on the same pricipals as faith healing. Deep meditation, and the will to get better... However, here is my advice to you...

If you have a cold - go ahead, try to heal yourself ~ If you have cancer - go to the doctors!

Not that self healing can't work and won't heal cancer, it's been known to in the past. BUT, it's best when used in conjunction with meds... Help them work rather than work against them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I take something simular witchqueen. I take a tablespoon of ACV and water with a garlic pill and so far so good.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Anon, that sounds so much like my daughter. Anytime I don't feel good, if she touches me, I instantly feel better and like I'm being bathed in something...good and pure. It's so hard to describe. I always just thought it was because she's my baby, but now I'm starting to wonder.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010