What toys would you recommend for a 4 month old baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 4 months old and she LOVES just the little rattles that she can grasp in her hands and hear them shake. They are just simple, but she loves them.
    gacgbaker

Answer by gacgbaker at 6:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• a play met/gym...we had an aquarium that had both flat back and tummy time stages and now has a crawl through stage that she uses at 8 months
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My 4 month old loves rattles but her favorite thing is this little baby book that you can find near the rattles and rings. It's a soft book and there's something in the pages that make them crinkle really loudly-kind of like loud tin foil or something. She loves the sound!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• At 4 months.. my son loved this duck by infantino..it had teethers for him to chew and its wings made crinkly sounds. He also liked this peacock toy that he could chew and had bright colors and various different things to look at / make sounds with. He also enjoyed his bouncy chair - I have the rainforest one with the lights and stuff - he liked to knee to death the hanging parrot and monkey and try to grab the moving monkey and frog. Infantino and Lamaze have great toys that babies this age like. Try ToysRUs.com or Diapers.com

I think they like anything that they can easily hold onto and that is also chewable. I also think they like stuff that makes that "crinkly" sound and things they can reach for or kick like the play mats or bouncy chairs.

My son didn't like his playmat but a lot of babies like them!
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Crinkle toys! Also soft rattles are a big hit!
    reux

Answer by reux at 5:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2009