Should the law be changed?

Stop babysitting the neighbors kids?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_sitter_backlash_mich

and this from Malkin can possibly shed some light..

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/05/first-the-unions-came-for-home-care-providers-next-they-came-for-babysitters/

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 7:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Lol, you can't share with me cuz you want to, that would be wrong. The gov needs to come in, take 40 ounces of your 72 ounce pot of coffee and redestribute 6 ounces to me, while going broke and complaining about not having enough coffee. Cause sharing with your neighbor should be regulated! After all, your coffee might be stronger than mine and I might get the jitters. Someone has to protect me from all that dangerous good will that's out there.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Ummmm, YEAH! Absolutely ridiculous!!!

"Granholm spokeswoman Liz Boyd said the agency was following standard procedure in its response. "But we feel this (law) really gets in the way of common sense," Boyd said."

Gee, yah think?!

In our neighborhood, we're all "criminals!" (sarcasm) I guess I shouldn't ever collect my 83 year old neighbor's mail/packages, upon her request, when she is away--or accept things like Mother's Day flowers from her children when she is not home to receive them, huh?!. Whatever.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I know right? lol gee some say 'we should be helping our neighbors out' (i say that too) and yet the law says NO?...the unions say no and want to do their typical strong arming?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I have babysat for free myself a buddy of ours he is a single dad and he used to work nights..his daughter thinks of me as a second mama..so alot of nights id have her here and send her off on the school bus in the ams with my own kids.This was a huge help to him and she didnt have to stay alone at home.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I wonder how long it will be before w they try to take our kids away from us at birth so they can raise them properly.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yeah.... that's out of control. I agree with you ladies.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Sorry about the random w. It's early. It just seems like we need a special interest group just for being average.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Needing a cup of joe lovin? I can share ;) I have some yummy french vanilla creamer too!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• oh wait is their a law that says 'no sharing joe with thy neighbor'?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2009