War Memorial Violates Consititution?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/05/supreme.court.veterans.cross/index.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yep, we were talking about this in my Law class yesterday, and if it is a case of church and state and if it is, then this could effect other organizations such as the American Red Cross. I t will be interesting to see how the high court presides.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• How is this a violation of seperation of church and state?

If that is the case they need to remove all of the crosses on the side of the road where someone has died in an accident!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We touched on this briefly, it could have something to do with where these things are being placed, such as public land VS private land. And yep we would have to remove all the crosses because they might be in violation!

Isn't that crazy?

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Well we shall see how it goes but here in the country we wont be removing any crosses off the sides of roads..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It's been there for 75 years. NOW someone has an issue. It seems the farther this country moves away from its roots, the more people start protesting. It's getting ridiculous. If you don't like it, don't look.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The cross is the common single for death.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Man, people really need to get a life and get their panties out of a wad.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I thought I should clarify, the guy who was so offended by the cross. Even goth people wear crosses. Man I see things that offended me all the time, but do I make a stupid court case out of it. NO! ARGGG, people like this really just tick the hell out of me. Don't they have anything better to do than bi*** about every little thing? Does everything have to be a federal case with them? GOSH!!!!! Sorry but this sort of thing really gets under my skin. One bad apple among the masses and they get catered to. OMG we don't want to step on anyone's toes, God forbid we upset someone.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I guess if they do this we will have to get ready to do without the letter "t". It is a cross too.

If the SCOTUS votes to remove it will have huge implications. Crosses will have to be removed from tens of thousands of locations. Can you imagine the mess in the cemtaries that are owned by cities. What about all the crosses used as a medical logo.

The Constitution says Congress shall make no law respecting an ESTABLISHMENT of religion, or prohibiting the FREE EXERCISE thereof. A cross doesn't establish religion. This cross is a symbol of grief and is a free exercise as allowed in the first amendment.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2009