endometriosis and Lupron

I was told about a month ago that I have Endometriosis. It's basically a scar tissue on my ovaries and tubes. VERY painful! I was put on a shot called Lupron, and told that I would be in a 'chemical menopause' for the next six months. My aunt, who also has endo, said that Lupron put her in menopause for good. I WANT ANOTHER BABY! I was trying for my little one when I found out about the endo. But my hopes of having another right now aren't as bright! What are the chances that I'll stay in menopause after the meds wear off? Do you think another child is possible?!?!? Also, do any of you know what causes endo?!?!?

Ima_mommi

Asked by Ima_mommi at 9:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• They dont' know what causes Endo, it can be hereditary though. Usually a woman will do 6 months Lupron, then surgery to clean everything up. Then you can try for another one. I was lucky when I hyster, I was MORE than done having kids. I had already had 2 and that is pleanty lol. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My niece did this same thing you are doing. After she was done with the Lupron, she got pregnant within 3 mo. and to top that off, she got pregnant again(not trying to & on BC) when that baby was abuot 4 mo old. So it is possible. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2009