Almost 2 year old with baggies under eyes.

I swear, my son always seems tired and exhausted, but he refuses to go down for naps or for bed time and when he does fall asleep, he is right back away an hour later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What are you feeding him?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• If he just seems tired because of the bags.... he might acually have allergic shiners (from allergies)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• mine gets bags really bad when she's about to get sick.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• has he always looke that way? my sisters baby was that way and it finaly took until the baby was around4 when they found out what was wrong with her,she has downs syndrom,every one kept telling my sister to have her kid checked that it could be that and she would get pissed and never took her kid in.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My daugther hates to sleep, she has nap time during Pre-K and is the only one that doesn't sleep. She wakes up at night and in the morining right now becuase Daddy is getting deployed soon. At home she does quiet time for an hour in her room and plays, instead of nap time. Rarly she does nap. I would suggest if he needs sleep but wont settle down, strape him in the car seat and take a long drive. Keep all the toys away from him. Do this at the same time each day until he falls asleep really well in the car. Then start putting him down for a nap. hopfully he gets used to sleeping at that time. We do that with my daugther when she really needs to sleep, but refuses. Also if I want to nap, I will lay down with her and this helps her to sleep as well.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2009