Sore boob...

I ebf my dd - she's 4 months. The last couple of days one of my boobs feels sore. I thought maybe I had a clogged duct but there's no bump, redness and it doesn't hurt THAT bad...it's just kind of sore. My dd doesn't seem to have an issue nursing from that side. Any ideas? Thanks!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You may want to get in the shower and let the hot water run on them. If you have a hand pump you could take that in there with you and pump some while in the shower and see if that helps. I found that gently messaging them under the hot water made mine feel better.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• ya you might just be a little engorged. if baby has gone through a growth spurt eating like crazy, then slowed down your body has to adjust. i would do the shower, or a warm cloth on you. only thing with pumping, is that will cause your body to make more milk, so it may or may not help the prob.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009