Can a crusty 'bloody' nose be a serious case for an infection?

My medication dries out my nose and therefore causes it to bleed but not terribly.I can take something for the dryness but I rather not because it makes me drowsy.I just want to know if i can get away with this bloody nose,sometimes it's just dried out not that bad.Will a continnual bloody nose,lead to an infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• I don't think it can lead to an infection. But you should put some vaseline or nasal saline gel on a qtip and apply to the inside of your nose. This should help.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. I dont think that it will lead to an infection but I used to get them all the time and my doctor told me that caused my anemia. But i would get something so its not so dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• no bleeding wont cause more infection, it is just annoying, in the spring (i teach) we get lots of bloody noses from dehydration. i would recommend mad amounts of water, it will help the infection and the dryness causing the bleeding.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• try using a vaporizor at night.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009