has any of your children had the flu and swine flu shot both?

My daughter is 4yrs old.Recently diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and on a new medicine that weakens her immune system a little.she is going to have to get both the flu shot and the swine flu shot.i have made the appt. she has to get it done. i was just wondering if any of your children have had to had both and how they have been.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• Mine will be getting the flu shot on Thursday. Not sure if our doctor has the swine flu vaccine available. If she does, they will be getting that also.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• is there a reason why your child will be getting both? safety or is there something going on with them?
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The schools where I live are asking who would be interested and giving the flu shot for free at the school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Eeek, I don't do either.
    I had JRA and I didn't get a flu shot when I was younger.

Did you know the MMR vax causes JRA? It's listed in the package insert.
    Just thought you might wanna know.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I don't personally believe in the flu shots. Or most of the other shots they give your babies and kids. Why? Because we truely do not know what affect this is going to have in a decade. The flu shots given only covers a specific strand of flu, not all flu. Then biology makes its way in the picture and the strands of flu mutate, hense why every year there is a new flu shot to give. I understand parents and doctors point of view when a child is sick or has another medical condition but I think some of it is a bit over the top.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Mine will be getting both!
    MonicasMommy

Answer by MonicasMommy at 10:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i don't want my daughter to have them but since she is starting a new med for JRA the dr recommends this be done.
    and to previous poster about the MMR vax causing JRA...is there somewhere online i could read this.you have peeked my curiosity?
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• http://arthritis.about.com/od/jra/ss/jraqa_5.htm

The MMR vax causing JRA is speculation, just like they speculate that ALL vaccines cause autism but have yet to prove it.
    DandieMandie

Answer by DandieMandie at 12:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Mandie...that's what i thought.i know that this is something that just happened to Alyssa I do not believe that anything caused it.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2009