How many of you ladies have either a wood burning or gas fire place?

I would love to have a fireplace in my home, especially on the weekends when our family has Friday Game night, Saturday puzzle night and Sunday movie night.

Do you use it to help keep the house warm and cozy?

Do you ever use it to create a romantic mood?

How often do you use it in the fall/winter?

And for those of you who do a have one I just want you to know that I'm here in Maryland wickedly jealous of you! LOL

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Growing up there was one in my dads house. It was a gas one but my dad took the gas line out because it cost to much to run it that way. So we used regular wood. I loved it. We used to to keep the house worm and it made for an amazing christmas morning to have the fire on and popen presents =p But we also used to make smores there if it was raining outside lol. I miss having one.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• omg i have a wood burning and i love it!! i'm actually getting a truck load of seasoned wood dropped today. It creates such an cozy,warm,loving mood. At xmas last year we are big tea lite people we, lit all our candle holders had a roaring fire, soft tree lights, lights on the mantel and soft season music in the background. we use it all winter long. We also have space heaters. Adding another log, roasting marshmallows indoors ,taking the chill out of the house when it rains. I'd never tade it for gas. Its really not that hard to clean, and keep.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 10:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We have a fireplace that burns wood and also has a gas line in it (which is used mainly for starting the fire). We've always used the fireplace. DH makes big, roaring fires for me in the winter. Sometimes we have our dates at home, with music, the light of the fireplace and dancing in the living room. We love it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We have a wood burning fire place. We just moved in this house in April though so we haven't had a chance to use it yet. But I am SOO looking forward to it this winter! I've never liked winter before until we moved here now I'm ready for it just so we can fire up the fire place. lol. I can't wait to hang the kids stockings on the mantel. It also has a hook that you can hang a pot from and cook with it. So if the power goes out we should be ok!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• We have two fireplaces, one in the living room and one in the almost finished basement. We use them for heatting and they sure do set the mood some nights! I like to snuggle up in my favorite chair with a good book and glass of wine and soak up the heat.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2009