What's your opinion or what have you heard....do you get the actually flu shot (or H1N1 shot) for your 2 year old or is the nasal flu vaccine just as good or better?

MyBoyAndrew

Asked by MyBoyAndrew at 10:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• My DD just got her flu shot and in 3 weeks she will be getting her H1N1 shot also. Her doctor has recommend both of them and I trust is judgement.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• He got his shot....I'm all for flu shots, I'm just not sure if I should rush in and get the H1N1 nasal vaccine that my state has or if I should wait until they have the actual shot in a couple weeks.......
    MyBoyAndrew

Answer by MyBoyAndrew at 10:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My DD just got her flu shot and in 3 weeks she will be getting her H1N1 shot also.

Be careful, remember that vaccines have preservatives. Preservatives are needed for the effectiveness of the vaccines. There is not such thing as preservative-free vaccines.

You must understand that the body has to get rid of the chemicals. 3 weeks apart not good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i get the regular flu shot, im not sure about the swine flu shot yet because im afraid of the side effects they dont know about yet like the one they made in the 70's. i live in ny, and theyre making it mandatory here for all health workers to get it, but the health workers are fighting it because they dont want to take it. why not? yano .. but i wish i could trust that it was okay, because my son is only 4 months old & im freaking out about getting the swine flu. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• i get the reg flu shot...have for the past five years...this year i had it a week ago...and im guessing it didnt work cause im home with the flu....lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't get it at all...my mom just got the regular flu shot and it made her arm swell up horribly...I was mad at her because she let herself get bullied into something she didn't want in the first place - I say no - not enough research done on H1N1 - no reason for your LO to be a guinea pig...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• There's a nasal thing for the flu shot? That is kind of cool, I had no idea, is it for 2 and under only?
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The flu mist is for people that are healthy between the ages of 2 and 49.
    MyBoyAndrew

Answer by MyBoyAndrew at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• The mist is actual live virus - that means your child would be contagious up to six weeks...I don't suggest getting any flu shot...
    Anonymous

• Shot - Not a live virus. Cannot get the flu from it
    Mist - IS a live virus. Can get the flu and/or spread it to others

I personally would not do either.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2009