Speeding ticket...

My dh got as speeding ticket last week. His first offense ever. He was speeding, going 74 on a 65. Therefore, he pleaded guilty. Can you believe how much the fine is? $200 plus $85 in court surcharge or whatever. $285! I guess this is how New York state can afford to pay state troopers $80,000+ a year!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If he's a 1st offense driver, he can probably get it reduced and he may qualify for a 1st timer program that could get him off the hook. I know in my state, Texas, we can do an online class (defensive driving) and get the ticket expunged (Sp?). Check online and see what is available in NY state. My brother is a firefighter in Syracuse, I'll ask him if there's anything you can do ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That is crazy. What part of upstate NY do you live in. I am about an hour in a half from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Sonsabitches~!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I live in Ohio, I got a ticket for no seat belt from a State Trooper last Oct. $98 bucks!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yeah, I wrote to the court and plead my case.lol.."I'm so broke I cannot afford this ticket, etc..I'm so sorry i will never do that again". They reduced a $300 ticket to $60. Mine was for turning right on a "no right on red".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2009