tummy rash?

so i got super itchy on the tummy last night. my skin was you know normal soft an not bumpy, but after maybe a minute or 2 of scratching on an off i started getting little bumps or "mini hive" looking things all on the bottom half of my tummy! does anyone else get this? what is it?? its happen 2 times... an its getting kinda annoying...

btw -it only last for maybe a minute or 2 an then disappears.

akalei

Asked by akalei at 10:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is it at the line where your underwear starts or ends? if so you might be having a reaction to the elastic thats made into them...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Stop scratching! Your'e going to get strech marks! It's called PUPPP.

Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP), also known as polymorphic eruption of pregnancy, is the most common rash in pregnant women. It normally occurs in first pregnancies during the third trimester with an average onset of 35 weeks. Thankfully, PUPPP does not usually affect subsequent pregnancies.

Appearance of PUPPP
    The rash of PUPPP almost always begins in the stretch marks (striae) of the abdomen.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Manaada is right. You can talk with your dr about anti itch medication.
    akl328

Answer by akl328 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had several types of rashes while I was pregnant and all were allergic reactions to products I was using. But these rashes lasted a few days, so it's not the same thing. My midwife said I could use cortizone, but only maybe twice a week.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009