My 6 year olds attitude

i just dont know what to do any more. i ask him do simple things.example pick up his dishes after eating. and he whines about it."why do i have to do that". I need andvie on what to do thank you

DonovanandRylin

Asked by DonovanandRylin at 10:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• im having similar problems with my 6yo DD. With her though she skips the whining and goes right to instant tears....i usually state ONE more time what i want her to do and hten turn my back on her....I give her fifteen minutes, if she has ignored me she gets to stand in the corner for six minutes...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• ive tried that to the whole stand in the corner and he just turns around and whine i dont want to stand in the corner or the best i have to go the the bathroom. but ill have to try the trunin g my back ty
    DonovanandRylin

Answer by DonovanandRylin at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• My daughter is doing the SAME thing. She is six n i am about to pull my hair out. She is usually the BEST lil girl ever: but her "moment" are really starting to stress me out. First she wants something, and then she don't. First she wants to wear one outfit: then she dont. She is whiney and throws fits if i dont do somthing "right now!" Ill fix dinner, and she won't eat it: she wants something else. She stomps her foot at me.....ugggg. this list could go on forever.
    Is this a six yr old thing???????????
    Does yours do this too????
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 10:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Must be something with 6-year-olds. Mine just turned 6 and is attitude city. I swear she is more moody than a 12-year-old. Her big problem is that her mom has primary custody, and while there, she has no chores. Here, she has to feed & water the dog we got for her. She doesn't understand why we make her do things. But, she has to learn responsibility somewhere.

Have you asked him why someone else should have to clean up after him?
    Chris0110

Answer by Chris0110 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2009

• my son has the same problem if it isnt want he wants to eat he wont eat it. him and i argue abot it the husband steps in and fixes him what he want. that ( husband) is another story sry.

Iill have to ask him that never thought bout qwking that question ill let you know the response

DonovanandRylin

Answer by DonovanandRylin at 1:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2009