I had the baby a month ago, if I take an at home pregnancy test will it be correct?

Is it too soon after the last baby to tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think so but maybe you should call your doctor and ask them to do the test for you.
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• going to have to have a blood test either way. your hormone levels may not be reading right for a take home test, who knows. wow, i was way toooooooo sore to even think about sex until after 5 weeks....lol
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OMG! I would take the test and if you don't trust the answer your getting call your doctor. UMM if you think you might be preggo again cause you haven't had your period yet normally then that is normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• hmmm well i don't know how long it takes the pregnancy hormone to work out of your body after you deliver but i would guess it would be gone by now maybe you can google that.

in general, if you think you got pregnant 2 or more weeks ago, then you will probably get an accurate result. if you think you got pregnant less than 2 weeks ago (and especially less than 10 days ago), then it's probably too early and you will have to wait a while longer. since you just had a baby a month ago i'm guessing you have no idea when you might have gotten pregnant so ... you probably just have to wait, or get a blood test, but if it's just been a few days it would be too early for that too. good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• oh yeah and why do you think you are pregnant? if it's just because you haven't had a period, that's totally normal. i didn't have a period for 8 mos
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I would go ahead and try the test, if it comes out positive you will be heading to the doctor either way, so if it gives you a little peace of mind and helps you to not be so anxious to see the doctor, then I say go ahead and give the home test a try.
    gacgbaker

Answer by gacgbaker at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt trust it becuase it takes a while for the HCG hormone to leave your body after birth. I would think that a positive could just be the hormones from having your baby last month
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2009