Does your Day Care provider take your child in the car?

Mine occasionally has to go somewhere during the day and takes my baby and the 2 year old she also keeps with her. This makes me a bit uncomfortable, I am being over-protective??

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I watch a 2 year old they know i have to take my child to school and pick her up they don't have a problem with it but i would have to find some other way of taking her and picking her up if the parents didn't want me to drive their child they should ask if its ok first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• OP: More specifically - more than 30 miles away - not around the corner to pick up her child at school. Oh and she does not have a cell phone only a home phone.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I'd be worried. I do not like that idea at all. she might be a great child care provider, but a horrible driver! A larger daycare would need a special license to do that.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Does she know how to strap them in correctly? Does she have child locks? Where is she going? Does she take them out of the car? I'm not over protective at all, but I am aware that people (even the nicest of people) may not have common sense. I wouldn't trust her in a car with my child.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• the question is...did you know this before you began daycare with her? If you did, then shut up. If not, then just talk to her about it. It may be that you need to find someone else. What parents don't realize is that daycare providers usually work 10 hour days or more, it is not easy to find people to watch kids so you can make appointments, and parents only complain if you have to take off for something personal. Pick you battle here, do you want to daycare, or to nit pick how it's provided?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• 'Does she know how to strap them in correctly? Does she have child locks? Where is she going? Does she take them out of the car? I'm not over protective at all, but I am aware that people (even the nicest of people) may not have common sense. I wouldn't trust her in a car with my child"

well, why would you have an idiot watching your child in the first place?

If you can't trust someone with your child in a car, then you can't trust them to take care of your child, period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• If you can't trust someone with your child in a car, then you can't trust them to take care of your child, period.
    ______________________________

That is the stupidist generalization. My Grandfather helps take care of my dd. and I trust him to no end. I will never let him drive her in a car though, he drives like a crazy man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• is she strapping them into the appropriate carseats!?! if not, then that is a big problem and i would switch providers asap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• That isn't true! I can trust someone to keep my child safe in an environment meant for taking care of a child: a daycare or a childproof home. That doesn't mean they know how to drive. Just because you can keep my son/daughter safe in one place doesn't mean you can in another. That doesn't make sense.

And what if she knew when she signed up? She can't change her mind? Oh well! Sorry, kid, mommy had poor judgment, but you have to pay for it?
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2009