Does anyone know anything about NYS workman's comp & disability benefits?

I hurt my shoulder at work 3 1/2 yrs ago and filed for workman's comp. Now it is a problem again & I'm having the case reopened. The problem is in my rotater cuff. It's on my left side & I'm left handed. It seems to effect everything on my left side from my fingers to my lower back. Right now I'm waiting for workman's comp to comply with my drs request for physical therapy, to see an orthopedic & an MRI. I took a few days off & went back to work yesterday. It is killing me today. My dr had talked about going on disability. Can I & should I do this? I heard I can make a workman's comp claim for benefits (part of my pay). I don't know what I should do and what is best for me (physically) or my family (financially). If anyone out there knows about NYS workman's comp & NYS disability and can help me out, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• i dont know much about disability but i went on disability during my pregnancy and if filed right away from your boss you'll start getting checks soon but its only a small percentage of your pay. I couldnt live on my disability check, i went back to work 5 weeks after i had my son.
    Anonymous