Would you play hooky?

This is annon just to make sure DH can't get in trouble. Here's the situation.

DH is military. He just got in trouble not too long ago and was really upset about it. He is always so proud of what he does and being in the military. Well, today we had an 'appointment' to go to and we sat there for half an hour to find out it was cancelled. So we get home and DH lays down. I'm like "what are you doing? You need to go back to work". And he argues that no he doesnt and so on and I point that he can get in a crap load of trouble for this. What does he do, ignores me and goes and sleeps. He went back to work an hour later. I just don't understand how he can sit there, act all proud of what he does then do this. It really bothers me.

So, my question is, if you were him, would you still play hooky if it could mean you getting kicked out of the military and loosing your only income?

Also, how do I get him to not do this again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• If he had cleared the time off, how will it get him in trouble? I am with him and would have taken the nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yep
    If he had cleared the time off, how will it get him in trouble? I am with him and would have taken the nap.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• This is OP.

It's not actually time off. And his SGT was already giving him sh*t saying he didn't give enough notice when we made the appointment a month ago. I just figured since it was cancelled and all that time was now available, it's considered lying if he didn't go back right away or at least call and say hey, it was cancelled. Also when he called this morning to make sure I actually wanted him to go(this was optional for both of us) he said that they are really busy today. I'm just not completely sure on the rules with the military and how they feel about this. The only time considered cleard time off is leave. That I know of anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• First of all i am an army wife and used to be in myself.You can not get kicked out because you didnt go right back to work.Although you can get in some trouble and get put on extra duty.Also can get some of his pay taken away.Unless he was told after his appointment to just go home then he should have went stright back to work.My DH had an apointment yesterday and called after it was over to see if he needed to go back in even though he was already told before in the morning to just go home when he was done You might want to tell him that he needs to be more careful because it would be hard for your family if he gets demoted.Its alot harder to get promoted again after that happens.And the extra duty can be hard for the family also. I know it was when it happened to my DH.Thank goodness he didnt loose his rank although they could have eaisly taken that just because he couldnt keep his mouth shut about how a sgt was in the wrong
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• By the way if you need someone to talk to about the whole military thing then please message me. I can let you know what i know. I was in the military myself for 2 years before i was medicaly discharged and my husband is still in and has been in for about 3 years now. I dont know everything but i do know alot and the things that im not sure about i just ask my friend who has been in for 17 years.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Got to love those military men.  veterans day

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2009