Is it possible to get pregnant with mirena in?

I had the mirena inserted in may and my period hasnt come yet this month and typically I'm not late. Since I had it put in i've had no problems but now i'm a little worried what do you think?

LilMelissa

Asked by LilMelissa at 11:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no birth control is 100%
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• It's not likely but possible, anything can fail. I believe one of Mirena's side effects can be missed periods but I'm not positive. I would take a test right away just in case, if you are pregnant then it needs to be removed immediately. Good luck!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes it is possible. I have seen a lot of moms pregnant that said they were on Minera.
    gacgbaker

Answer by gacgbaker at 11:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• I had the mirena and once it was put in my period disappeared so do i think you maybe be preggo? NO! But no Birth control is 100%. I do know that you can get a tubal within the first 8 months that it is put in. Your doctor most like failed to tell you that. Mine did'nt. GL I hope all is good with you..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2009