Is there any way to pick yourself out of depression?

If your live is bleak! You're Depressed. Unwell! Jobless you & your spouse. Life every day is pain & unwellness. Every thing every where is broken down, breaking down. Moldy & just icky! You can't look at your own home without seeing some thing broken, damaged etc.. You see or feel no sunshine! You find you have no where to turn to! Most of your friends died. But for a couple you never see or hear from. This 'site is it! Its all you have! The Friends here! Can you get out of this depression when you're down & unwell? Have no 'scripts for anything you do! Then you feel more tired. More sicknesses Etc.. Can anything be done? When typing in between the tears! Thank you for kind replies! No meanness please!! Thank you in advance!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2009 in Health

• I've been there! I think the best thing YOU can do when life isn't going as planned and you are feeling down in the dumps is to get out there and DO for OTHERS! Especially those that have it worse than you do....also, you have the added bonus of making new friendships AND something to maybe put on your job resume. How about Habitat for Humanity, or the SPCA (animal shelter)...there are so many things out there. I know its hard to even get up and take a shower when you are feeling so bad, but, TRY to see some postive in life...its all around, you just don't see it right now!

I hope for th best for you! It will get better!
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• In a word, LEXAPRO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes, you can. Positive, ok, I have mold, need bleach, some kind of church-someone can help you. You need not give up, you must move on, things could be worst-you could have no home-Trust me my friend age 40 just died and left her daughter, and husband. She had cancer. It was a painful and sad watching her die and you can't stop it.

I am here, I am a friend: I have 4 kids, a nutty husband (not legally but), My 13 year old I am chasing every night, I work, cook, do homework, have crazy neighbors, I make pennies, just enough to cover the rent, my hubby is laid off. It is riduculous, but we as WOMAN!!!

WILL SURVIVE, DON' T GIVE UP. i AM HERE FOR YOU!!! YOU WILL SURVIVE. THIS IS MY ONLY FRIEND SHIP OUT LET, I HAVE TOO MUCH GOING ON WITH MY KIDS.

SO, GET UP, GET HAPPY AND BE HAPPY!!! BE GREATFUL FOR WHAT YOU DO HAVE!!! Do you have kids??? IF NOT GIRL SCOUTS MIGHT HELP WITH THE LAWN, FREECYCLE FOR BLEACH AND PAINT. ANY
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• NO MEADS, FORCE YOUR SELF TO GET UP AND DO YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2009

• Yes, you can. Decide for yourself and your children that you have worth, are loved and needed. Pick yourself up and get into the shower. When your finished open up all the window shades, let him some fresh air, and make a serious vow to yourself that you ARE going to beat this thing and be a good mom to your kids. Take one thing at a time. Look at each thing individually not the big picture. Pick small things to work on.

You can do it. I did.
    Anonymous

• I drank carnation choclate breakfast shake and it really reved me up afterwards and took my depression away for hours!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2009